Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Kids Auction Quilt




I'm sorry that I haven't been keeping a good update on my blog. Things will start to settle down and I will be able to manage it better. Over Spring Break last year, I taught my boys how to sew. They have been making pillows, mini quilts, and etc since then. My boys wanted to make a quilt for our Children's Ministry Auction at our church. I was making one but they wanted to make one of their own. This is how they planned their quilt. I bought 2 sewing machines for each of my boys to sew use (good idea, no arguments), anyhow, they grabbed a bunch of my 6 inch homespun blocks (I already had cut them to size prior to another quilt I made) worked perfectly. They each grabbed blocks and rearranged them on the floor and then picked up a row of blocks that equal 10. They each had sewn a row of blocks each...worked faster because it was TEAM WORK going for a great cause. As the quilt got bigger with adding borders, that's where mom came in. I helped them stitch the sandwich part of the quilt together, and did a little bit of the stitching on the top. I think the quilt and the blocks came together well. The Pastors at our church love what they did and thought they were very nice to contribute their time with such amazing talent. I made a label for the back of the quilt and they signed it with their names and ages. We also put additional information on the label for which the quilt was made for and etc. Have a wonderful day and thanks for dropping by!

Supplies: 100% cotton batting and Homespun fabrics

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails