WOW! What a nice day. I decided to stay indoors to stamp today. This is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it. I've been wanting to make a card in looks of a quilt. I am a quilter and this challenge worked great for it. I belong to a pen pal group at
www.splitcoaststampers.com and someone suggested that we use our favorite stamp set. So I chose this one. I started out by taking my distress tool around all the edges including the base of the card and using the distress tea dye ink on them too. I used my Sizzix die scallop squares for the blocks with 2 different DCWV dp. I used my CB textile folder on the squares as well. I mounted the squares onto the Apricot Appeal c/s. I attached the only vanilla ribbon I had. I colored the image from the Happy Harmony set with my colored markers. I then used some clear embossing powder with my heat gun for the flowers. I also used my Sizzix flower die cuts for the sentiment. I used my corner punch and added a brad. The big square and the sentiment is held on with pop dots. I'm looking forward to making for quilt cards and more challenges. This was a fun challenge. Have a great day!
Stamps-SU Happy Harmony
Cardstock-Very Vanilla, Apricot Appeal, Rose Red, DCWV DP
Ink-Verasfine Onyx Black, Distress Tea Dye
Supplies-Sizzix flower and scallop square die cuts, sheer ribbon, CB Textile folder, distress tool, brad, corner punch, pop dots, clear emboss powder, heat gun, sponge, markers
Thursday, August 28, 2008
SC182 My Quilt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















2 comments:
wOWZA! You have been busy posting lately! Love it all but the mouse! LOL
I really, really like this card! Thanks for sharing! :)
Very pretty Bonnie. Love the scallop squares.
Your sis,
Connie
Post a Comment