Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

SC75 Carols Groovy Challenge


Hello everyone!
I belong to a pen pal group here on SCS and Carol suggested that we make a challenge card using a stamp set that we never inked before. I combined 2 challenges together to make one card. I used a card sketch SC75 over at www.splitcoaststampers.com. When I saw this paper in my stash, I knew what stamp set I wanted to use. I cut 3 DP into 3 inches and ran them through the cb swiss dots folder. I mounted them onto yoyo yellow c/s. I then added the ribbon and tied with a bow. I stamped the car onto vanilla c/s with only orange ink. I colored the small flowers on the car with my fine tip markers. I added brads for the wheels. I also added a flower brad for the antenna. The image is mounted onto taken with teal and only orange c/s. The image is held on with pop dots. I wanted the flowers to look similar to the dp so I chose 3 of the same Primas and added dew drops to the centers. Also held on with mini glue dots and pop dots. I stamped the sentiment from a Christmas $1 stamp. This was fun to make. Thanks for the great challenge. I am looking forward to more challenges.
Have a groovy day!

Stamps-SU Groovy, Studio G
Cardstock-lime, yoyo yellow, DCWV dp, only orange, taken with teal, vanilla
Ink-only orange, taken with teal
Supplies-cb swiss dots folder, primas, dew drops, ribbon, brads, fine tip markers, distress tool, pop dots, and glue dots.

1 comment:

laos348 said...

How colorful and fun! Great job on this Bonnie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails