Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

What Is Your Fortune?


WOW! My husband and the kids had their time together today setting up for Halloween and I had all day to stamp. Actually this card took me all day in between laundry. I wanted to make a globe of some sort with a witch like the crystal ball effect. But I think this will do. I started out by using the cb script folder on the base card. It took me awhile just to figure out the CM circle cutters. I was about to get dizzy cutting the wrong sizes. At least my family was outside the whole day and couldn't hear me scream. I used the Creative Memories cutting system for the circle on the eggplant color c/s. Then it was 2nd and 3rd sizes of the silver c/s. The 3rd size is cut out of white c/s and sponged with saran wrap with silver ink. I stamped the witch from Studio G (2007), used clear embossing powder, heat gun, and cut it out. I also stamped the spider right above the witch off to the side with black ink and embossed it as well. This is almost like doing the gel card on SCS. In between layers is a clear piece of plastic that I used from the tacky tape container and secured it to the card. I used some spray adhesive on the clear circle and added some glitter to give it the sparkle effect. I also made a silver ring for the outer edge of the card too. It is held on with tacky tape. The bottom of the globe gave me heck. I hope this is ok the way it is. I used my big yellow window punch (ohh, me and that punch just don't get along, especially when the c/s is too thick. I cut 3 pieces out and used part of a circle punch to make it swoop for the first piece. Then I used my spider web cuttlebug folder on all the pieces and attached it with ribbon. The spiders that are hanging from the sentiments are rub ons from K&C Company. I really hope this looks like a crystal ball or globe. BTW! What is your fortune? Have a spooktacular night!

Stamps-Studio G, HM Halloween Sentiments
Cardstock-eggplant mulberry dp, silver metallic, white (GP), black
Ink-versafine onyx black
Supplies-prismacolor pencils, black sharpie, clear emboss powder, heat tool, glitter, CM circle cutting system, ribbon, plastic, window punch, CB script and spider web folders, tacky tape, rub ons, heritage corner punch, pop dots, saran wrap

2 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

LOL You had me cracking up when you said you screamed! That was me with the blessed cracked glass yesterday!! LOL

This is an awesome card, Bonnie!!

Connie said...

This is great Bonnie, love how you did the globe and the witch inside.

Connie J.

Related Posts with Thumbnails