

Hi, there! I've had a lot of things on my mind lately so that is why I haven't posted. Too many things, in a short amount of time. Lots of ideas, gatherings, and not feeling all that good. Anyhow, when I was browsing SCS for the new technique, saw all those wonderful cards, and I knew I wanted to at least give it a try. Let me tell you, I tried all sorts of layouts and couldn't get it to work for me. Well, today, is my son's birthday and he turned 8 years old. My goodness, how fast they grow. He got to go his first OU SOONER football game yesterday. Our neighbor gave our family 2 free tickets and asked if we would like to go. Heck yes! says my husband and older son. Well, later that day...Dallas thought since it was Cody's birthday tomorrow (meaning today) that he would thought that Cody would enjoy the game. Cody was all excited too. So, Cody and my husband got dressed in their OU attire, Dallas was already too. They went to the game and really enjoyed themselves. Really, how often does someone ask us for FREE TICKETS. Not often. Hopefully, they'll be another game that Dallas and my husband can go to. Cody said they crowds were LOUD! I wanted to make a card using the theme of the game that Cody went to. It was OU SOONERS playing Kansas University. I started out by following the instructions with the fold, actually my husband did the measuring on the other ones I've started, but yet completed! I just marked and folded on this one. Cheated! I wanted the background picture to look like the audience in the crowd. So, I saw this card in the gallery at SCS and she used her fingerprint. So, that's what I did. I used my pinky finger for the faces, colored in hair, added eyes, and added shirts. I cut each piece of grass paper and added the white lines with scraps of white cardstock to each step. The football players are stickers from My Big Ideas that I stuck on a piece of white cardstock and cut out. The Sooner guy (red) is held on with a pop dot square and the Kansas guy (blue) is on there with tacky tape. I used the window punch on a piece of brown c/s that I used the cuttlebug bubbles with and added the Happy Birthday sentiment to it. It is held on with pop dots too. The goal I made by hand. The football is made from using my oval punch and outlined with liquid applique. The letters of the universities are from a alphabet collection of light chipboard that I got many of years ago, just never did anything with them until now. The umpire is from Sandilion stickers and cut out also. I bent his legs and added a piece of tacky tape so he can stand up. The orange markers are just cut from cardstock and marked with a sharpie using a mini circle punch for the target. The backboard where the letters are is the CB hopstoch folder. I hand wrote the score with a fine point black pen. This was really fun to make once I knew what I wanted to do. Won't you give it a try for yourself! Dallas and I went to see a movie. BTW! Cody loved the card. He says that he'll treasure it FOREVER! Happy 8th Birthday Cody.
In the picture are Dallas (11yrs), Dad (?), and Cody (8)
Stamps-Studio G (sentiment)
Cardstock-Brazzill Black, Brazzill Red, scraps of white, scraps of orange, scraps of yellow, misc grass dp
Ink-Versafine Onyx Black
Supplies-Alphabet letters, oval punch, liquid applique, My Big Ideas stickers, scissors, pop dots, tacky tape, CB hopscotch, window punch, and bubbles folder, markers, sharpie, MY VERY OWN PINKY FINGER
Sunday, October 19, 2008
TLC190 Boomer Sooner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















5 comments:
Great card Bonnie! And your family is very handsome!! :)
Awesome card Bonnie!!! how creative to create a football field...I have to agree, kids grow sooo fast!
You have a cool blog. Love the place you craft in. My is not so neat and organized. Thanks for sendign my son a postcard. Much appreciated.
I just love the music on your blog. It makes me happy and chipper. I am going to steal some songs and post on my blog. hope you do not mind.
I left you an award on my blog. :)
Post a Comment