Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

IC168 Chinese Blossoms

 

Posted by Picasa

Well, I started this Inspiration Challenge right at midnight when my son and I got home from Stamp Camp. He made 3 cards, whereas I made one. I have a hard time making simple cards. We had fun though. Ok, on to my story. Todays Inspiration Challenge is from the Flutter site and I chose The Chinese Blossoms pillow as my inspiration found here. When I saw this pillow, I knew what stamp I wanted to use.

I started out with stamping the flower image from Penny Black with cocoa ink onto banana c/s. I then took the blender pen (which I hardly use) to the stems of the flowers with pink, mustard, and cocoa ink. I also colored the flowers using the blender pen. I added clear emboss powder on the fan type flowers and heat set. The leaves are also embossed with clear. I used the flower punch for the bigger flower with olive and red c/s 3 times each. I used the corner punch from Friskars to add small flowers as well. The center of the pink flowers is the galaxy pen. The red and olive color flowers are punches. I added a button to each flower. I used the technique of Markie's Mom to use the dots on the edge of this card because I felt like it needed something else. I added ribbon and the sentiment to complete. These colors are really out of my comfort zone. so this was a challenge within itself. I hope you like it. Have a wonderful weekend!


Stamps: Penny Black Modesty, little hellos
Cardstock: pink passion, old olive, banana
Ink: cocoa, old olive, pink passion, mustard
Accessories: flower punches, decorative corner punch, clear emboss powder, heat tool, versamark pen, white galaxy pen, buttons, blender pen

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails