Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

FS101 LSC202 The Cursed Heart


I named this card "The Cursed Heart" because if anything went wrong, IT WENT WRONG! This is the image that I had a fight with for the Limited Supplies Challenge on SCS which I never got done until now. I had to set it aside for a couple of days. When I saw the Featured Stamper Jaydekay's gallery tonight I thought I would try to create a card casing one of her cards. I started out by stamping the heart with versamark ink onto vellum. I used black emboss powder and heat set. I colored with markers on the embossed side. Cut out! This is where I had a fight, because every which way I put it, it didn't look right with anything for the LSC. So, here it is in the FS. I mounted the image onto a scrap of dp (it really does have fainted hearts in it, hard to see) and sponged with black ink around the edges. Mounted on black. I added gold cording across the front and mounted it using 3D pop dots. At first, I had regular rhinestones, but I changed them to hearts which I embossed gold. I had to make 2 separate pieces. Long story about the red background. I'll make it short. I ran out of my favorite red, and this is the only piece I had left with the sponged black on it. I hope it looks ok. Then I took another piece of scrap of the same red and used the decorative heart punch and added gold ribbon to hide the seam. Didn't I tell you that this is the heart image that wanted to win the fight? Well, I think I won, because I used it tonight, plus it's in 2 challenges. Have a blessed day.

*I bought this stamp at a garage sale for 25 cents, otherwise I don't think I would of ever bought it myself.*

Stamps: Floral Heart by Stampendous
Paper: black bazzill, red bazzill, misc dp
Ink: versafine black, versamark
Accessories: Bic Mark It colored markers, black & gold emboss powder, decorative corner heart punch, gold ribbon & cording, heart brads, pop dots, sponge, heat tool

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Hey girl is this ever a beautiful card girl!! I love it, hop over to my blog I have an award for you... hugs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I am sorry that you feel that so many things went wrong with this card. It is gorgeous!!! I love everything about it! TFS!

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, nicely done!

enjoy *~*

Related Posts with Thumbnails