My son Cody has put off learning how to ride his bike without training wheels. He is 7 years old but has no fear in anything else. But for some reason, he didn't want to learn to ride his bike. He has been riding his scooter trying to catch up with my older son and the rest of kids on our block with their bikes. Today, as I was checking my email. I saw Cody trying to ride his bike with the one training wheel on it. It wasn't working very good. Cody told me that the wheel would get in the way of his pedaling and asked me to take them off. He also told me that he was ready. OMG! he's been on that bike all morning and not wanting to get off. We told our kids when they learned to ride their bikes without training wheels, then we would go get a new bike for them. My oldest son who is 11, learned at age 7 on Mothers Day. That was exciting too. This weekend we'll go and let Cody pick out a new bike. I knew he could do it. He wanted me to know that he wanted to learn at his own pace and not by others telling him to do it. Smart kid! I wanted to share this excitement with you!
Have a great day!
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Exciting News
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















1 comment:
Hurray for Cody!
Post a Comment