It's Halloween time! It's been some time since I have last posted...my life has gotten very busy. Anyhow, I wanted to share with you the costumes that I created this year for my family for Halloween. I have always wanted to be Olive Oyl (I am tall) and have my husband be Popeye (he's shorter than me, plus he's bald)...what a perfect couple. My kids wanted to be Bluto and Mr. Wimpy, so I went with it. I created Mr. Wimpy with old work clothes I had and altered them in about 10 inches on the sides of the suit jacket, shirt, and pants. I made the tie out of felt and used an elastic for the neck. I got created and made a walking billboard inside out of a t-shirt and attached another part of a t-shirt and stitched the bottom of it so I can stuff it for his belly. I put a piece of elastic around the edging so my son was able to walk better without having to hold down his shirt. I got the gold pants and shirt at Goodwill for Bluto as well as the white scrub shirt for Popeye. I made a white flap and I had sewn on black ribbon around the edge too. The arms were tricky but I got it down. My clothes I had were too big, so I used fused tape with ribbon for my sleeves and the ribbon on the dress. I drew the scallops to onto white fabric and cut out and attached to the neck of my sweater. Oh, the shoes I am wearing are my husbands's. The only part I didnt care was I used gel to grease my hair back into a ponytail tightly. Added 6 more pony tails to make my hair stick out. I then covered my hair with a hair net and used black spray paint all over. YUCK! It worked! But it took forever to wash out. Our family loves to dress up for Halloween. What do you think?
Friday, October 29, 2010
Happy Halloween from the Hackneys
Labels:
costumes,
Halloween Cards,
misc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















1 comment:
It's nice to see back on your blog. This is a great picture of the family. This would be the 1st Halloween without Nala.
Post a Comment