Finally I get to play with a challenge. My kids have been keeping me busy doing things with them before school starts back on Monday. They are hanging out with their dad today. Onto my story. This is a card I chose for today's Inspiration Challenge by Cake Nouveau. It is on Page 3, 2nd row, 3rd picture. I thought it would be fun to create a different kind of card other than the everyday standard types. I got the template from one of my quilt magazines and just altered it a bit. I traced the template onto white c/s and placed the shoulder part of the dress on the fold. Cut out. I used my small circle punch for the neck. I punched out several circles using the CM circle punch with 4 different colors of c/s. I glued them into their places. My husband suggested that I made the top part of the dress to make a 3D appearance to make the middle. I traced and cut out another piece from the template. Once the circles were mounted, I added a drop of diamond glaze to each circle and used my finger to spread it around to get a shiny but flat look. I added pop dots for the top piece of the dress. I also added the bow using glue dots, so you can still open the card without it coming off. This was really fun to make and I'm glad that I was able to complete a challenge. I hope you like my dress. Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day.
Please look past the smudge mark below my name, its on my camera chip...thank you!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
IC161 My Polka Dot Dress
Labels:
Challenges
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















2 comments:
Just found your blog. I love the little dress card. It was just adorable and what a great idea. Great idea for my granddaughters. Will visit again. Sandy from MD
girl this dress is just soo darling!!! your creativity...wow girl!! the polka dots are my fav!!
Post a Comment